Kids Power Wheels Race
Sunday, August 11, 2024
Registration starts at 9:00 am and race begins at 11:30 am.
Bring your own battery-powered vehicle and race on the same track where the Dirt Dash takes place!
WHO CAN PARTICIPATE
Power Wheels race is open to anyone 3-8 years old.
SAFETY GEAR & ATTIRE
Participants will be required to wear at a minimum:
- A bicycle helmet.
- Tennis shoes or boots. Flip Flops, sandals or open toed footwear is NOT allowed.
- Eye protection such as goggles (swim goggles will be allowed and can get them at the dollar store).
- Stock Power Wheels only.
- Drivers body must be fully contained in the vehicle. Vehicles where the legs are on the outside (4-Wheelers) are not allowed.
- 12V system or a 12V car battery will be allowed but must be securely fastened .
- Traction devices or studs are NOT allowed in tires.
- Doors need to be fastened shut. Riveted patches look very cool!!
- Fake stacks are allowed and look authentic as well.
- NO bumpers, weights or anything to reinforce the vehicle is allowed. We need to keep this soft in the interest of the participants.
- The vehicles will need a number on each side that is big enough to cover an 8 1/2" by 11" sheet of paper and can be put in a page protector to help save it from mud and ripping.
While there is no fee to enter the contest, participants will need to pay admission into the fair.
Only one parent/guardian is allowed in the Power Wheels Pit area. Parents/fans can coach from the sidelines but are not allowed to help the driver or be on the track.
Depending on how many kids register, classes will be broken down by age groups as follows:
- 3-4 yrs
- 5-6 yrs
- 7-8 yrs.
- Parents can register online or on the day of the race.
- Parents must sign a waiver.
- Registration will be from 9:00 am to 11:00 am with racing beginning at 11:30 am.
- You must choose 3 numbers for your vehicle
DAY OF THE RACE
Bring your Power Wheels to the gate behind the 4-H food booth to register. You will leave your vehicle there until you race. You will need to sign the waiver, if you haven’t already done so.
- Vehicles are NOT allowed to be run on the Fairgrounds outside of the track area.
- When the race is over please bring your Power Wheel back to your vehicle.
- NO ONE under the age of 16, other than drivers, is allowed in the pit area.
- The Dirt Dash will be roped off and separate from the Power Wheels for your safety.
- You are NOT allowed to go into any other area except for the Power Wheels area.
- Please DO NOT enter the race area if any cars or machinery is moving.
- Drivers are NOT allowed to get out of their vehicles until the race stops or an official tells them to.
- The track will be a small road course wide enough to pass but with limited bumping and banging.
Each driver will get a medal for participating and the winner in each age group will get a trophy. When the race is complete, drivers & parents/guardians will be removed so finishing touches can be made and the dirt dash can begin.
Remember that you are not allowed to drive your power in the fairgrounds. Power wheels should be brought back to your vehicles after the race. Let’s keep this fun and safe for all. Good luck drivers!!