Required Completion of Documents
- There must be a blank 3-inch square in the upper right-hand corner of the first page.
- Grantee, grantor, etc., must be plainly identified.
- The legal description must be complete and accurate. Certified Surveys must have a lot number (if any). Include CSM number, document number, volume and page.
- Names of all persons signing in any capacity (including notary) must be typed or clearly printed below their signatures.
- Signatures must be notarized. Notary public must date, sign, seal, and show the names of the parties who came before him/her.
- The name of the drafter must be present and must be the name of an individual.
- A complete return address is required.
- Pages must be legible and reproducible with the ink black and crisp.
Required at the Register to Record
- Completed document.
- Deeds, Land Contracts, Terminations of Decedents Interest and other conveyances require a real estate transfer return receipt. To file a return, visit the Department of Revenue site here for more information.
- Any transfer fee due as indicated by the transfer return receipt.
- Recording fee of $30.00 in addition to the transfer fee. Cash or check written to Bayfield County Register of Deeds.
We will review your documents for these items, but the responsibility for a complete and correct document is yours.