Duties & Responsibilities
The Bayfield County Reserve Unit is accepting applications from citizens interested in joining the non-profit organization. No experience is necessary. Training and equipment are provided.
Reserve officers provide services to local organizations, groups, schools, and the Sheriff’s Office throughout Bayfield County. These services include security, traffic control, property checks, prisoner transports, bailiff duties, and riding along with deputies.
- At least 18 years of age
- Need not be a Bayfield County resident
- General desire to work with members of the public
- No felony convictions
- Valid Wisconsin driver’s license
- Mileage is paid when personal vehicles are used
- Reserve officers are compensated on a per diem basis