Plat Book Information
2016-17 Plat Book Available!
The 2016-17 edition of the Bayfield County Plat Book is available. The price for this 196 page booklet is $20 (plus $12.00 for shipping if ordered online or with the mail-in order form). Older versions of our plat books are also available for $10 each (years 2002, 2006, 2011, 2013 available).
Plat Book Overview
Starting in 2001, Bayfield County began to publish its own plat books. These plat books are unique in that they are digitally produced and contain many improvements over past booklets, including:
- Accurate assignment of road names and address numbers to reflect Bayfield County’s emergency rural address numbering system
- Accurate portrayal of parcels based on current parcel mapping records
- A comprehensive index to parcel ownership based on recent tax information
- Additional indexes, government directory, and small tract index
- Greater and more effective use of color
- More conveniently-sized booklet
The 2016-17 Bayfield County Plat Book has been updated and includes many enhancements, such as:
- 11 inches by 17 inches size allows maps to be 14% larger
- Binding on the 17 inches side of the book
- Updated Bayfield County government directory
- Incorporated suggested improvements received from past plat book users
- All parcel owners are in the book (including cities of Bayfield and Washburn)
- 2015 aerial photos with latitude / longitude grid and enhanced color
- 50-foot interval contour lines, section corner and survey records
- Featured lakes with depth contours and public access points
- Forest crop land and managed forest land (open status only)
- Illustration of all parcels in the unincorporated areas of Bayfield County
- Myriad of updates to reflect property configuration and ownership
- Owners and address index in the back of the book
- Roadways and lakes index in the back of the book
- Small tract index is on the same page as the map
- Road maps of the Cities of Washburn and Bayfield
Plat Book Sneak Peek
The current 2016-17 Bayfield County Plat Book is available at a cost of $20. For mail and online ordering, please add $12.00 per book. Therefore, the total cost for each plat book is $32.00 ($20 plus $12.00 for shipping).
Older versions of our plat books are also available for $10 each; years 2006, 2011, and 2013-2014 are available ($10 plus $12.00 for shipping).
Please note that the Bayfield County Plat Book and Land Atlas is fully protected under U.S. copyright law. Reproduction / redistribution of the CD version is expressly prohibited, as is the sale of reproductions of images.
Ways to Order
Bayfield Count plat books can be ordered by the following methods:
- Online: Complete the online order form and credit card payment.
- By Mail: Print and mail the order form to the Land Records Department, 117 E 5th Street, Washburn, WI 54891; be sure to include check payment.
- In Person: Pick up a plat book directly from the Land Records Department in Washburn, WI. Cash, check, or credit card payment methods are accepted.
If you have any questions, please call us at 715-373-6156 or email us.
See the table below for a listing of businesses that also sell Bayfield County plat books at convenient locations throughout the area. Contact the business first to make sure they have enough plat books in stock for purchase.
|Bear Country||52150 Wisconsin Avenue|
Drummond, WI 54832
|Cable Area Chamber of Commerce||13380 County Highway M|
Cable, WI 54821
|Jim’s Bait Store||2995 Lake Road|
Barnes, WI 54873
|Johnson’s Store||8875 State Highway 13|
Port Wing, WI 54865
|Midland Brule Store||13995 E U.S. Highway 2|
Brule, WI 54820
|Midland Iron River Store||7990 U.S. Highway 2|
Iron River, WI 54847
|O’Brien’s C-Store||7755 U.S. Highway 2|
Iron River, WI 54847
|PJ’s Cabin Store||1040 Lake Road|
Barnes, WI 54873
|River Rock Inn||1200 W Lake Shore Drive|
Ashland, WI 54806
|Superieur Petrol||407 Rittenhouse Avenue|
Bayfield, WI 54814
Historic Plat Books Available in Land Records
We have a variety of historic plat books available for viewing in the Land Records office.
|All Plat Books Available for Viewing in the Land Records Department:|
To purchase copies of books from 1954-1998, please visit the Rockford Map Publishers website. For copies of books from 2006-2016, contact Bayfield County Land Records.