Orchards & Farms
The hills surrounding Lake Superior provide a micro-climate that is perfect for growing fruit - especially apples and berries! More than 20 farms throughout Bayfield County are ready to provide you with high quality local foods including meat, poultry, fruit, vegetables and value-added products like maple syrup, jams and jellies, cheese, wine and more.
Enjoy a picnic of local foods at the beach or take a little "taste of Bayfield County" home with you. Other local products include:
- - Fresh and smoked fish available at commercial fisheries and retail shops
- - Wine, hard cider, beer, spirits and spritzers at area wineries/breweries/distilleries
- - Handmade candy, fudge and chocolates
- - Artisan bread and bakery items
- - Local maple syrup, honey, jams, jellies & mustards
Here is a list of area farms (PDF) with additional information.
There are also numerous Farmer's Markets around the area:
Saturdays, 8:30 a.m. to Noon
1st Street and Rittenhouse Avenue
Fridays, 9 a.m. to 1:00 p.m.
UCC Parking Lot; 13445 County Highway M
Saturdays, 9 a.m. to Noon
Town Hall Pavilion
www.portwingsaturdaymarket.com / 715-774-3944
Wednesdays, 3 to 6 p.m.
Central Ave. in Washburn; between The Club and the Washburn Cultural Center
www.washburnchamber.com / 715-373-5017