Both in person and absentee, Wisconsin voters MUST show one of the following types of photo ID at the polls or submit a copy with the absentee ballot request.
* WI Driver's License or ID card (must be current or expired after November 6, 2012 general election) [Suspended or revoked licenses are valid if they are in your possession.]
* Military or uniformed service ID card (NOT including a Veterans ID issued by the VA)
* U.S. Passport (must be current or expired after November 6, 2012 election).
* Certificate of Naturalization issued on November 4, 2012 or later.
* Tribal ID card issued by a federally recognized Indian Tribe in Wisconsin.
* College, university or technical college student ID card with a signature, an issuance date, and an expiration date no later than 2 years after the issuance date. Student ID must be presented with proof of current enrollment such as a tuition fee receipt or letter verifying enrollment, as a paper copy or on a smartphone or a tablet. For UW schools, proof of current enrollment can be obtained at http://www.uwsa.edu/voting/uw-documents/.
* Unexpired receipt given after applying for a WI driver's license or ID card.
* Ticket/citation from the last 60 days if you surrendered your driver's license.