Follow the link to the AmeriCorps application.
About AmeriCorps VISTA:
AmeriCorps VISTA is the national service program. Authorized in 1964 and founded as Volunteers in Service to America in 1965, VISTA was incorporated into the AmeriCorps network of programs in 1993. VISTA has been on the front lines fighting to strengthen communities in America for more than 45 years.
By serving through VISTA, you’ll gain new skills, friends, and experiences—plus you’ll get the satisfaction that comes from helping others. During your service, you’ll also receive a living allowance, housing and health care, among other benefits, and educational award upon completion of your VISTA service.
Dates: September 14, 2015 – August 31, 2016.
This position is responsible for working with members of the community to foster a network of volunteer drivers to provide transportation services for individuals who are elderly and/or disabled.
Specific responsibilities can include:
• Design and/or update marketing materials and informational materials on the Volunteer Driver Program.
• Provides outreach information to local organizations, businesses and individuals about volunteer opportunities.
• Recruit drivers and market the program by preparing and delivering presentations to targeted groups throughout the county.
• Recruit volunteers through media and personal contact, prepares press releases.
• Schedule, plan, and participate in training of volunteer drivers during initial orientation and continued education annually.
• Screen, train, and match volunteers to available opportunities.
• Coordinate annual volunteer recognition events.
Ability to work as a part of a team, but also be able to adapt to work independently as necessary. Leadership and public speaking skills for purposes of contacting and providing presentations to community groups is preferred. Applicants must be at least 19 years old. A background check will be performed on selected applicants and is a requirement of the position. Valid driver’s license is required.
• Living allowance paid every two weeks during term of service, September 14, 2015 – August 31, 2016. Payments are approximately $481 every two weeks. Final payroll is determined by member’s tax status.
• Education award of $5,730 is provided upon successful completion of service.
• Childcare assistance is available based on household income eligibility (information provided on request). If this is a requirement for an individual to have this benefit in order to serve, please have them contact the Director immediately to begin the process of determining eligibility.
• Basic individual health insurance plan for member only, no dental or eye provided by program.
• Mileage, meals and housing are provided for all required Volunteer Wisconsin AmeriCorps trainings and events.
Complete a Marshfield Clinic AmeriCorps/ Volunteer Wisconsin AmeriCorps member application and submit directly to: Carrie Linder, Aging and Disability Services Manager
Bayfield County Department of Human Services
PO Box 100
Washburn, WI 54891
If you have questions, you may contact Carrie at 715-373-6144 ext. 174
Application Deadline: June 30, 2015