BAYFIELD COUNTY 2020 CENSUS REDISTRICTING ADVISORY COMMITTEE
Dennis M. Pocernich, Chair, Lynn M. Divine, County Clerk,
Scott Galetka, Land Information Officer, Mark Abeles-Allison, County Administrator
John Carlson, Corporation Counsel
AUGUST 18th Bayfield County 2020 CENSUS Redistricting Advisory Committee
Please be advised that the monthly meeting of the Bayfield County 2020 Advisory Redistricting Committee will be held on Wednesday, August 18, 2021at 2:30 p.m. This meeting will be held in-person in the Bayfield County Board Room at 117 E 5th St Washburn, WI. Committee members and the public will be able to participate in the meeting in-person or remotely via voice either by using the internet link or phone number below.
Microsoft Teams meeting
Join on your computer or mobile app
Click here to join the meeting
Or call in (audio only)
+1 715-318-2087,,420965116# United States, Eau Claire
Phone Conference ID: 420 965 116#
Find a local number | Reset PIN
Learn More | Meeting options
Please contact Bayfield County at 715-373-6181 or 715-373-6100 if you have access questions prior to the meeting.
During the meeting if you have connection issues please email email@example.com.
Any person wishing to attend who, because of a disability, requires special accommodations, should contact the County Clerk’s office at 373-6100, at least 24 hours before the scheduled meeting time, so appropriate arrangements can be made.
1. Call to Order
2. Roll Call
3. Approval of the minutes, July 27, 2021
4. Review Redistricting Guidelines: Redistricting in Wisconsin 2020: The LRB Guidebook
- Review area demographics
- Goal is to get districts substantially equal in population 10% plan deviation or less
- Compactness of district and obstacles
- 13 Supervisory Districts at present, change in the future?
- Identify any election administration issues
5. Review CENSUS 2020 Release figures
6. Discussion and Possible Action on Redistricting Options
7. Discussion Regarding Timeline: Based on 3rd Week of August Census Release and September 1st Data in WILR System
- For the public hearing dated Sept. 15th the notice will be published on Friday, August 27th; Tuesday, August 31st and Friday, Sept. 3rd. (Notice will be sent to Daily Press by Noon August 25th)
- For the public hearing dated Nov. 3 – 10 the notice will be published on Tuesday, Oct 19th; Friday, Oct. 22nd and Tuesday, October 26th. (Notice will be sent to Daily Press by Noon Friday, October 15th)
- The Type A notice will be published on Tuesday, Nov. 23rd. (Notice will be sent to Daily Press by Noon Friday, Nov. 19th)
TIMELINE DIAGRAM BELOW
8. Discussion of additional local GIS layers that can be used to guide to create boundaries
a. School districts
b. Building points
9. Next Meeting Date: ________________
11. Update and report to be shared at Bayfield County Board Meeting, August 31, 2021
LYNN M. DIVINE
Bayfield County Clerk