November is dedicated as Family Caregiver Month. Quick facts about Wisconsin Family Caregivers:
- One in Five Wisconsinites are Family Caregivers.
- 80 percent of all care in Wisconsin is provided by families.
- 60 percent of people with Intellectual and Developmental Disabilities (I/DD) live with family caregivers. 25 percent live with caregivers who are older than 60.
- 85 percent of people needing care say they cannot find workers to help.
- Family caregivers who provide more than 490 million unpaid hours of care annually to people with disabilities and older adults.
- Half of caregivers report cutting back their employment or quitting.
- Lost income due to family caregiving is estimated to be $522 billion each year nationally.
- Watch a You Tube video about caregivers and share your story via the link below