Bayfield County has formed a committee to revise and update the existing comprehensive plan. The Comprehensive Planning Committee is comprised of individuals from a variety of county offices, the county board of supervisors, citizen representatives, the BCEDC, and other state and/or government entities with the goal of revising each portion of the comprehensive plan and updating it.
The comprehensive plan is a document consisting of nine key elements:
- Element 1: Issues & Opportunities
- Element 2: Housing
- Element 3: Transportation
- Element 4: Utilities & Community Facilities
- Element 5: Agricultural, Natural, & Cultural Resources
- Element 6: Economic Development
- Element 7: Intergovernmental Cooperation
- Element 8: Hazard Mitigation
- Element 9: Land Use
- Element 10: Implementation
These nine elements serve to promote public health, safety, and the general welfare of the community in accordance with the existing and future needs of Bayfield County.
For more information on the committee and to view the current draft revisions, please follow the link. Members of the public are welcome and encouraged to attend future Comprehensive Planning Committee Meetings. Information on the upcoming meeting can also be found on the webpage that is linked below.