Can I Change or Convert the Use of my Accessory Structure?

No, not without the proper permitting.  

If you applied for an accessory structure or purchased a property with an existing structure; the structure may not be used for human habitation / sleeping purposes.  

Any and all conditions placed at the time of permitting are required to be followed.

All structures must meet and maintain setbacks (including eaves and overhangs) as permitted.  If you wish to relocate or move structure; it requires permitting prior to placement.

Note:  No pressurized water or plumbing fixtures allowed inside a structure unless said structure is permitted by the Planning and Zoning Office to be connected to a code compliant POWTS/Sanitary System.  

Show All Answers

1. Do I need a building permit?
2. Is or are there any structure(s) that do not require a permit?
3. If my building is on skids, do I need a permit?
4. Must I have the actual permit in hand before I can start doing what I have applied for?
5. What attachments do I need to include with my permit application?
6. If I come to the planning and zoning office and complete my permit application will I be able to leave with my permit?
7. How long does it take to get a permit?
8. Can I Run a Business or Change the Use on my Property?
9. Can I Change or Convert the Use of my Accessory Structure?
10. When I apply for a permit will someone actually inspect the site?
11. What should I do to prepare the site for inspection?
12. Must I be present during the site inspection?
13. I am in the process of buying property and would like the land use permit in my name. How do I go about doing this?
14. I am interested in purchasing or I recently purchased a parcel of land and would like to know if it is buildable, could I have an Inspector come out to the property and do an inspection?
15. Can my contractor / agent apply for my permit?
16. What if our property is in a Trust or LLC?
17. Do I need a permit to build on my farm?